[time-nuts] Cheap Rubidium

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Wed Dec 23 03:23:53 UTC 2009

Hi

I agree that if you simply bolt the rubidium to an old engine block and toss a blanket over it, you might get some pretty good thermal stability in the "hour to couple hours" time period. That's certainly a better approach than putting some kind of DC heater (and it's varying magnetic field) near the rubidium.

I'm still wondering if they do indeed hit 1x10-13 (as in almost 1x10-14) or not. I suspect not. I'm sure that they do indeed get into the 1x10-13's, just not sure they get to the bottom of that region.

Bob