[time-nuts] are any time-nuts also random-nuts?

Scott Burris slburris at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:06:58 UTC 2009

I saw this USB connected hourglass for producing random numbers:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ehourglass/

Anyone pursuing perfect randomness in the same way this group pursues
time and frequency?  Maybe cryptologists.

I'm tempted to build an ethernet connected variant of this.  Then of course
we need a distribution mechanism.  How about RNDP, the Random Number
Distribution Protocol?  A la NTP, clients could select for the server with the
most randomness :-)

Scott