[time-nuts] Cheap Rubidium

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 24 19:14:21 UTC 2009

I Must not get it, Or I'm missing something.
Some seem to be going on and on about a little added DC heater current that can be held to about 10% of what the unit draws
Why does a little added DC heater current any more of a problem that what you do with the leads etc of the main power?
(And with a few simple tricks you can also reduce the effect of the changing heater current so it has insignificant effect)
Have to work a bit harder to say the same about putting AC or RF into the heater

ws

Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> Having a bunch of AC current gets me into another issue. I suspect it's going to couple into something somewhere and give me a spur on the system output.

Sure, but having a sufficiently high frequency makes it relatively easy
to clean up, as well as it should be reduced by normal loop filtering
and oscillator integration.

Cheers,
Magnus