[time-nuts] are any time-nuts also random-nuts?

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Thu Dec 24 22:19:09 UTC 2009

At 03:56 PM 12/24/2009, J. Forster wrote:
>Many years ago, when the State Lottern Numbers Game started up here, I
>noticed that doubles were coming up a lot...  like 4662. I was utterly
>convinced they were overrepresented.

That reminds me...one of the footnotes in Wolfram's "A New Kind Of
Science" mentions that there was some non-randomness in a Vietnam era
draft lottery:
http://wolframscience.com/nksonline/page-969d-text?firstview=1

I looked in the Texas state numbers once, but I don't think I could
easily download enough to do the full batch of diehard randomness
tests on them.

--
newell  N5TNL