[time-nuts] are any time-nuts also random-nuts?

Jean-Louis Oneto Jean-Louis.Oneto at obs-azur.fr
Thu Dec 24 23:31:48 UTC 2009

I'm not sure there is nothing behind the remark that the sum is somewhat
"average": a long time ago (1973...) I used sum (or rather average) of
uniform PRN to generate gaussian PRN. I think it described either in The Art
of Computer Programming - Semi-numerical algorithms (Knuth), and may be also
in Numerical Recipes.
I didn't check if the standard deviation for 6 values in [1, 49] is
consistent with the range used by your friend.
FWIW,
Jean-Louis