[time-nuts] Timenoob - Cheap and simple 10MHz reference

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Dec 28 18:43:14 UTC 2009

One thing to keep in mind about the CW-12 is that the version they're selling now runs NMEA software only - which means no TRAIM functionality.  If you do manage to find the Motorola version to get TRAIM, you lose the ability to change the oscillator frequency.  It's fixed at 10 MHz.

I bought my CW-12 a year or two ago from Semiconductorstore.com and they said it was the Motorola load.  It wasn't.  They did manage to get me a copy of the program to flash it to the Motorola load.  That's when I realized I couldn't change the frequency.  Oh, well.

Ed