[time-nuts] Can a quartz crystal go off by 2% ?

Rob Kimberley rk at timing-consultants.com
Tue Dec 29 10:27:01 UTC 2009

AFIK a lot of the clocks were radio controlled from MSF Rugby (now Anthorn,
Cumbria). You would need to have some sort of automated system to
accommodate daylight savings switchovers in Spring and Autumn. That said, I
would have thought once synchronised, they would "tick" off the 50 Hz
supply.

Rob Kimberley