[time-nuts] Boatanchor docs: HP AC-4 counter module manual

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Sun Feb 1 04:00:27 UTC 2009

O Nuts of Time,

I was recently asked to make a big PDF file of the HP AC-4 counter
modules manual that I have had on my website for a few years as a
series of jpeg files. So I did...

http://www.nixiebunny.com/hpac4/hpac4.pdf

These modules are used in the ancient HP 521 to 524 series of
counters. Each module handles one digit. They have four vacuum tubes
and either a nixie tube or ten neons in a thermometer arrangement.

I have a 521C and a 522B counter on hand but they are a bit too slow
to handle the 10 MHz of modern times, having a maximum counting
frequency of 200 kilocycles per second.

--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/