[time-nuts] Fw: Efratom Modular System 8008-400-8

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 19:32:33 UTC 2009

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Stanley Reynolds <stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com>
To: time nuts <time-nuts at febo.com>
Cc: stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, February 6, 2009 12:09:34 PM
Subject: Efratom Modular System 8008-400-8

This is and old ~1987 Rubidium Standard which has a calibrate module "MDC". In the past I have attempted to calibrate but has always failed with the error led turned on. I have used various GPSDOs as primary standards with these attempts. I was able to calibrate with a FTS-5030 Cesium standard last night.

My guess is the primary standard must need a certain stability that the GPSDOs lack.

Does anyone have experience with this ?

Stanley