[time-nuts] DIY Frequency extension for HP Agilent 53181A, 53131A or 53181A

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 17:42:16 UTC 2009

In a message dated 15/02/2009 17:05:21 GMT Standard Time, sam at canardpc.com
writes:

- What's  the divider ratio used ? Perhaps /16 for 3 GHz, /32 for 5 GHz, and
/64 for  12.4 GHz, but we really need to be sure.
- What's the gain of each one of  the four amplifiers present ?
- How does the counter aware about the option  used ? There is no
"intelligence" on the option board, so, the counter may  detect the type of
prescaler with some pull-up or pull-down resistors  somewhere.
- What is the exact pinout for the J2 connector ?

In  order to get an answer, we need to find somebody with a genuine  option
board willing to spend an hour for the project...

If you download the 53132A component level information manual from the
Agilent site you'll find a schematic of the channel 3 board with  values and J2
pinout.
The 53131A version of this manual doesn't seem to include this.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR