[time-nuts] Antennas, roofs

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 01:34:32 UTC 2009

Depending where you are most homes have sewer vents. I have used this
repeatedly in the US and in Germany. This is a PVC pipe going through the roof  and
normally well sealed by the roofer, but open on the top. In the past Radio
Shack had pipe to pipe clamps the pair for less than $10. You choose the pipe
closest to your GPS location and drill a hole in the pipe inside the house,
above the highest toilet and bring the cable into the house. Seal it with RTV to
 prevent odor. Water or sewer will never rise to that level, it would
overflow  the toilet if stopped up. This way you have a solid set up, the pipe you
connect  to the sewer vent can be long enough to clear the roof! Worked for me.
Bert Kehren Miami
WB5MZJ
**************You can't always choose whom you love, but you can choose how
to find them. Start with AOL Personals.