[time-nuts] Thunderbolt serial port

bjones0 at mindspring.com bjones0 at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 20 03:03:46 UTC 2009

I'm tired of banging my head against the wall so I think it is time to
ask.. Is there a way to test if the serial port on the Thunderbolt
works?  I know the Thunderbolt itself powers up and works (I get a
9.9999978 Mhz signal out of the 10Mhz output when it is on) but I have
been unable to talk/listen to it in Windows (tboltmon or Lady Heather)
or in Linux (even looking at the raw serial port state).  I stuck my
breakout box on the line but I get no lights on the Thunderbolt side.

Thanks,
Brian