[time-nuts] Never mind Thunderbolts...

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Tue Feb 24 02:53:06 UTC 2009

Bill Hawkins wrote:
> Well then, how about kits, or DIY instructions? Something in "The Boy
> Electrician?"
>
> There's only so much you can learn with eBay bargains and deviation
> plots.
>
> Bill Hawkins

Bill

The setup is reasonably straight forward to duplicate.
However a pair of Helmholtz coils isnt optimum.
3 pairs would be better as it may not be convenient/possible to align
the apparatus with the Earth's magnetic field,

There are coil arrangements that produce more uniform fields than
Helmholtz coils.

It may be even more convenient to build ones own 795nm ECDL to replace
the lamp.

Bruce