[time-nuts] Oscillator Article

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 19:14:41 UTC 2009

Good stuff coming down the pipe,

I looked at the Mems/Si technology and the phase noise, thermal  stability,
and jitter specs are orders of magnitude higher than what we  would like to see
here on Time Nuts.

I think Quartz is going to be the king of the hill for some time to come  due
to it's Q (>1E+06)... Having programmability and vibration  insensitivity is
nice though, and for most high-volume applications these  parts will do just
fine and reduce cost, sensitivity, and size. Then again for  high-volume
consumer electronics you always want to have an alternate vendor,  and these are not
entrenched and proven companies yet..

What get's me very excited is the fact that CSACs may be coming down  the
pipe soon.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 2/25/2009 10:30:33 Pacific Standard Time,