[time-nuts] GPSDO for a week

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 27 07:37:32 UTC 2009

Tom Van Baak skrev:
> Here are some fresh, detailed plots of a TBolt for 8 days.
> http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt-8d/
>
> Perhaps this helps with recent VLBI questions.

I think this is a very nice contribution to the discussion. I think the
phase lot and TDEV (not ADEV as written under the TDEV plot) display
interesting deviations. Notice the 86400 s sawtooth shapes burried in
noise, notice how they can have different directions. However, I am
wondering if this is not a 12h property since sometimes the halfs seems
to have opposite direction, but the auto-correlator plot speaks against
this with its very clear spikes which suggests a more stable 24h pattern.

Nice to see the 1-1,5 ns time-stability in that range and slopes at both
sides. Notice how it goes about 1 ns all the way up to 10000 s.

> Note the plots above are against a local standard and should
> not be confused with plots people are making through TSIP or
> TboltMon or LH, which are essentially just a TBolt comparing
> against itself. If this doesn't make sense I can explain more.

Good point.

Cheers,
Magnus