[time-nuts] Another LPRO-101 Rb Osc question...

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Thu Jan 1 18:21:58 UTC 2009

Hello, Time-Nutters--

In looking at the LPRO-101 unit I'm holding in
my grubby little paw, I note that the base of
the case has a thin layer of some sort of
pale-green slippery material glued to it.

Is this the heat-transfer tape/pad mentioned in
the user manual that must be placed on the base
before bolting to a heat-sink?

I notice six threaded insert holes in the bottom
for bolting to a heat sink--  The user's manual
gives mounting screw clearance info for the bottom
plate.  However:

I would like to place a small terminal strip
on the top of the case with an RF connector
and some easy/convenient connection lugs for power
and monitoring, etc.

Question--:  how much clearance is there between
the top of the case and internal components?

It is not clear to me how to remove the top case
section for a look inside to check on component
clearance--

The top cover does not appear to be screwed in place,
but I am reluctant to just try some experimental
prying.  Does the case slide off?  There appear to
be what look like tiny detent-dimples all around
the sides of the upper case lid.  Is this what
retains the upper case in place?  Does it lift off
with very careful prying?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks--

Mike Baker