[time-nuts] Lady Heather's Leap Log

Didier didier at cox.net
Thu Jan 1 18:32:03 UTC 2009

The reason for CR/LF is that CR takes a while on a teletype, while LF is
fast, so sending both allowed enough time for the paper/print head to be in
the right place before printing the next char. If you sent LF/CR on a
teletype instead of CR/LF, you could see right away the reason :-)

Didier

PS: while writing this, I suddenly realized that it really dates me, doesn't
it?