[time-nuts] TBolt antenna

Richard Moore richiem at hughes.net
Thu Jan 8 04:54:04 UTC 2009

On Jan 7, 2009, at 2:43 PM, time-nuts-request at febo.com wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:08:22 -0500
> From: "Ronald Held" <ronaldheld at gmail.com>
> Subject: [time-nuts] TB PS/Antenna recommendations
> To: time-nuts at febo.com
>
> I have not following all of discussions for a while, so perhaps I
> missed out on some of this. What do people suggest for a power supply
> and  from where? The harder request is for an indoor antenna probable
> placed up against the window. Reliable dealers or stores would be very
> helpful.
>                              Ronald

I'm using a fairly crappy triple-output open-frame Autec supply from
Marlin P. Jones that was $13. I'm not recommending it, but it works.
My antenna is an active patch type by Hawk that runs off +5V from the
TBolt. It has a magnetic base for top of vehicle use. I've got it
feeding two GPSDOs thru a splitter and it's working great. I got it
from Synergy for $35 if I remember correctly -- been a while. I've
got it duct taped to a 2x4 sticking our from under the eave of my
lab. Most any active antenna will likely work OK outdoors, but I
don't know about indoors -- think you'll want some higher gain version.

Dick Moore