[time-nuts] ADEV test setup [was GPSDO TC & Damping]

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 03:01:11 UTC 2009

Bruce

True, but not a problem for me, because I don't have any like that.
I know you have brought this up many times. Is it a real problem that
exist enough to even think about? What kind of Osc are you referring to
that is worth keeping even though it can not be adjusted to be on freq.
How far off is it?
How do you know it is good enough?
Trick question, why not just continue to use what it is that you tested it with?
Maybe could use the dual 90 deg phase detector system,
so there is at least one phase signal near the center of the range at all times.
There is probable some simpler solution also.

WarrenS

Warren

Another limitation of such phase detectors is that the 2 frequencies
being compared have to be within a small fraction of 1Hz of one another.
This rules out using a low noise reference that happens to have
drifted/aged out of the adjustment range but which is otherwise OK.

Bruce