[time-nuts] LPRO-101

J. L. Trantham jltran at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 12 04:57:35 UTC 2009

I have several of the units and made up a cable to attach 24V power, a
voltmeter, and the 10 MHz output.  I watched the 10 MHz on a scope against a
Thunderbolt as an X-Y display.  I did this without using a heat sink and it
took about 5 minutes or less for the BITE to indicate lock (going from +5V
to 0, as I recall) and the lissajous figure to approximate a circle.

I am sure you do not want to use the unit in service without a heat sink but
I have been told that it is ok to do a quick power up and test without a
heat sink and I have done it several times.

The specs for the heat sink requirements are in the LPRO manual.

Joe