[time-nuts] FTS 1000B OCXO from a FTS 4040 CS

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 03:29:18 UTC 2009

Was unable to adjust to 5Mhz, 4.9999752 was the best I could get with external pot. Internal pot has no effect, assume it is disconnected when external is present ? Was not hard to dissemble, the oven is not warm but has 29 volts maybe problem in the control circuit. Does anyone have any info I could use ?

I have downloaded a 4040B operation manual but it is not that similar to the 4040. This unit uses a 1802 RCA microprocessor so is much older than the B model, think it uses a 68xx type processor.

I have no manuals for the FTS-4040 and been unable to connect a PC to the 9 pin monitor/sync connector on the back, I need the pin out and perhaps a older monitor program as I only have monitor 2 and monitor 3 programs.

What I can see of the ocxo outside:

Has 2 SMA RF out connectors and a 9 pin D connector
inside:
Oven was inside a glass vacuum bottle with layers of foam insulation to close one end.
2 MTH15N20 transistors to heat the oven
temp sensor on a small separate pc board part #56219-03909 REV A attached to oven
main board not insulated is part # 56219-06802-00 REV D