[time-nuts] Off Topic question...

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 19 19:12:39 UTC 2009

Dave,

Dave Ackrill skrev:
> Sorry for the off topic question, but my partner, Kate, is off visiting
> friends in Canada and USA on Friday and is in 'panic' mode.
>
> The problem is that she has now got it into her head that she might need
> to get innoculated for 'something', but she doesn't know what and I
> don't think she needs any jabs...
>
> However, as the US immigration people are on holidays for the
> Presidential inauguration, she can't get a reply until it's too late to
> do anything about arranging to go to see the Dr. to get any jabs she
> 'might' need.
>
> So, can anyone tell me what jabs, if any, visitors to Canada or the USA
> might be asked if they have had recently?

I think she should just relax and enjoy the ride.

I have never got any shots or nor have any of my family, friends and
colleagues for as long as I can remember. I have honestly more
interesting experiences from all my travels to France than to USA/Canada.

Good warm winter clothes is as always recommended as she will probably
be colder than in the UK.

Besides that normal common sense works well to protect onself, as always.

Cheers,
Magnus