[time-nuts] Any experienced HP 2804A thermometer users out there?

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 17:19:14 UTC 2009

John, looking at the 2804 manual they clearly only show applications where
the probe is in a liquid environment. Reliable results can be expected if the
probe is in a gas environment and has the time to stabilize but even than the
full accuracy is not attainable because of the conductivity of the cable. The
 best result is with a physically very small sensor and than transfer  the
reading to the 2804 A by doing a calibration. I have used a YSI instrument  with
an analog scale and a analog output into a DVM but do not ask me if I was
with in .1 degrees but it was not necessary. Some of the YSI probes have cables
that are definitely there to reduce thermal conductivity to the sensor.
Bert in Miami
**************Know Your Numbers: Get tips and tools to help you improve your
credit score.
(http://www.walletpop.com/credit/credit-reports?ncid=emlcntuswall00000002)