[time-nuts] Any experienced HP 2804A thermometer users out there?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Jan 24 17:37:47 UTC 2009

In message <a06240501c5a0f2095ed9@[192.168.0.24]>, David Forbes writes:

>I had to do PC board temperature monitoring a few years ago,

These days, nothing beat a thermal imager.

I have the low-end "Satir Hotfind" camera and it makes it so much
easier to spot any kind of thermal problems in electronics.

Now, on the other hand, if we are talking about temperature control,
then I would envy Johns HP2804A and would probably not bother with
trying to measure the PCB temp, but instead plunk the entire thing
and the probe into a suitable isolated oilbath :-)