[time-nuts] Any experienced HP 2804A thermometer users outthere?

Didier didier at cox.net
Sun Jan 25 03:43:45 UTC 2009

When using thermocouples, we do that by snaking the wire leading to the
thermocouple along the PWB and hold it there with small pieces of tape, as
opposed to glueing the thermocouple to the board and letting the wires go
away from the board immediately. That ensures the last few inches of wire
leading to the thermocouple are at or close to the temperature of the PWB,
so heat flow to and from the thermocouple itself is minimized.

Didier