[time-nuts] Home made GPS disciplined atomic clock

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 11:30:19 UTC 2009

Esa,  the answer to your problem is, as I said before, to clean up the
signal, use a high quality oscillator locked to your system with a PLL that  has
the appropriate time constant. The time constant will smooth out the jumps  you
see right now. The question is only which oscillator. A Wenzel was suggested
but in my opinion it is not what you need. I have used a Wenzel because I
wanted  the low phase noise when multiplied to 10 Ghz. You would pay for something
you  do not need. I have not seen Allan variance data on them. There are
plenty of  oscillators out there at a reasonable price starting with the HP 10544.
Yes, the  10544 will clean up your present setup and will be at least a 10X
improvement  over the LPRO solution. But the most widely available unit is the
HP 10811 which  will do a great job. Depending on how much you want to spend
the FTS 1200, 1000  or 2000 are an option.
Bert  WB5MZJ
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)