[time-nuts] HP 3456A stability upgrade

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Jan 31 22:19:47 UTC 2009

For you volt-nuts out there...

There's a fellow in California, John Lion (LionElectronicLabs at
BigPlanet dot com) who has a supply of temperature-chamber-aged and then
hand-selected LM-199AH references that he will install into an HP 3456A
DMM for a fairly reasonable price.

I don't know how much of a difference these really make, but supposedly
they provide better stability both short and long term than the standard
LM-199 that HP installed.  I don't have the gear to test that myself,
but I had a good report from a cal lab that has worked with a few of
these units.

Anyway, I don't have any connection with John other than as a customer
(and he's been extremely good on customer service and follow through),
but thought I'd pass this on for those who might be interested.

John