[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB-USB vs. GPIB-LAN

Demian Martin demianm_1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 16:40:21 UTC 2009

I looked at the Prologix stuff long and hard BUT it is something of a dead
end. I didn't want to write new software and I have some existing apps that
I use. I found an NI gpib-enet (
<http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D2E1B6D23CD75B0686256D4E006E980D>
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D2E1B6D23CD75B0686256D4E006E980D ) on
ebay that has worked fine for me. The first gen is a little bit of a problem
to use since it predated DHCP and setting its IP address is involved. Ones
its up all of the NI GPIB stuff work with it as does other GPIB stuff. I
would get the gpib-enet 100 for a business application since it supports
DHCP and NI supports it in the latest releases.

Demian Martin
Product Design Service