[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB-USB vs. GPIB-LAN

Prologix support at prologix.biz
Sun Jul 5 17:44:58 UTC 2009

Some clarifications...

Prologix GPIB-USB and GPIB-LAN have identical command interfaces. Programs
written for one can be easily ported to the other. Both products are
compatible with EZGPIB and KE5FX GPIB toolkit applications.

GPIB-LAN, being a network device, does not require special drivers nor is
limited by USB cable tethering distance. Also, GPIB-LAN can be wireless
enabled (using a bridge).

GPIB-USB drivers are available for Windows Vista, Max OS X (Intel and
non-Intel), and for all common operating systems.

Python, C, C#, VB.Net, MATLAB and LabVIEW samples are available at our
website. (You can communicate with Prologix controllers using LabVIEW Serial
Port functions or TCP functions. However, they are not compatible with
programs (VIs) that use GPIB functions.)

Regards,
Abdul
http://prologix.biz