[time-nuts] 1" 14 tpi UNS die

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Jul 7 15:06:42 UTC 2009

Hi Didier,

Gas pipe, as far as I know is always tapered.

In Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, etc... They use "gas pipe"
for hot water heating systems... only they use straight threads,
with a jamb nut to squash an O-ring up against the fixture.
The nut has a bevel that presses the O-ring into the pipe's threads,
and affects a semi-seal.  It is a one time affair, and in my
experience lasts about two heating seasons before it starts
dripping.  I guess a benefit is it keeps the room humidity up in the
winter... sigh!

-Chuck Harris