[time-nuts] 10811 crystal orientation

Dave M masondg44 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 9 00:02:02 UTC 2009

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:27 AM, iovane at inwind.it <iovane at inwind.it>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > does anybody out there know the orientation of the crystal faces
> > relative
> > to the outer case in a 10811-60111?
> >
> > (The sense of the question is that we are considering building a 3-axis
> > apparatus for gravity-related tests. Note, based on our tentative
> > modelization, crystals are not requested to work as accelerometers).
> >
> > Antonio I8IOV

> Hi Antonio,
>
> Please see the attached diagram from the 10811A service manual.  Minimum
> and
> maximum G-sensitivity axes are shown.  Since the other variants of 10811
> are
> all internally constructed the same, I would not expect a difference for
> the
> -60111.
>
> - Chad.

Speaking of the variants of the 10811- oscillator, does anyone know of a
reference that describes or compares the details and differences between all
the variations?

Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help
section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.