[time-nuts] 10811 crystal orientation

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Thu Jul 9 00:36:11 UTC 2009

I certainly posted to thaqt thread several times.

However, I just remembered that about 10 or 15 years ago, I was really
stupid and split the female threaded boss on the bottom of a GPS antenna
by putting a layer ot two of Tellon tape onto a Male PVC fitting. That
'lubricated' the joint enough that when I HAND TIGHTNED it, the threaded
boss on the antenna split.

Wish I'd checked whether the thread was tapered or not.

-John

[snip] A short section of the "plumbing" was helpful, although it