[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB

Brian Kirby kilodelta4foxmike at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 03:11:43 UTC 2009

I ordered a Prologix GPIB-USB controller and it has arrived.  I got it
up and going so fast, and I am very pleased to have a working solution
for capturing data.  I have tried several cheap adapters and they have
not worked.

In my case I needed a controller to record time interval data from my
HP5370B.  Many of us also use HP53131A and they have a easy serial port
to configure.  I also plan to use the Prologix adapter on my HP3456A and
HPP3457A multimeters.

You basically plug the controller into a PC and let WIndows XP install
its USB drivers for the device.  Then you install the FTDI drivers that
you have to download.  Then I used John Miles "Prologix.exe" program
with the default configuration and I could see data coming in the
terminal window.  Stop the program and bring up Hyperterminal and start
recording data.

Brian KD4FM