[time-nuts] 10811 crystal orientation

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Jul 12 10:14:06 UTC 2009

Didier wrote:
> That is interestng and brings a question that I should be able to answer but
> have been too busy (or lazy...) to try...
>
> The HP 5370 has a noisy fan, and an HP 10811 in the same box. Has anyone
> been curious enough to measure the effect of fan vibration on the oscillator
> and p-p noise on TI measurements?

Notice how the 10811 sits in its own little quiet space airflow-wise.

Once the buffer-board has it's 10 MHz presence detector disabled, you
could measure the phase-noise of the 10811 on the 10 MHz output.

You could compare that with the result of the same 10811 sitting on the
quiet bench (keep it covered by a small box).

Cheers,
Magnus