[time-nuts] Purchasing a Trimble GPS timing solution

Chris Bridge bhome at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 12 20:43:56 UTC 2009

Hi ,
    I was pointed to an Ebay seller who has an entire kit available
(from China of course).  Not knowing the product or pricing any better,
can I get a comment on this link please?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Thunderbolt-PRECISION-GPS-10Mhz-1PPS-Standard-Easy-Kit_W0QQitemZ170344432395QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27a951c30b&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A30
I hope I'm not breaking any rules here.  I'm just trying to get the
right thing at a half decent price.  If the upcoming buy will include
what I need, I can wait for it.  I am worried about shipping and duty
costs, UPS has proved to be a deadly foe in the past.

I really want to thank everyone who has helped me out so far.  Once I
get this thing running, I can maybe report observations from it.  I do
plan to install a gel cell power backup in order to keep it online.  We
suffer power outages here many times a year.

Dick, I looked on the site you gave me a link to for a price on a GPS
unit.  I couldn't find one.  I ddi see a little more information (thank
you).  I ended up on the Trimble site.  Again, no pricing, but I can
look up some more information there too.

Best regards & 73, Chris