[time-nuts] Purchasing a Trimble GPS timing solution

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 12 22:21:37 UTC 2009

I have purchased several items from that seller without problem.  He ships via Hong Kong post which gets handled by the US postal service...  never had any customs duties, etc.  All items arrived within a week or two.  A couple of times I have emailed him asking questions about an item and have never received a reply.  Ebay seller Fluke.l is another supplier with a good reputation.

Now on the subject of Thunderbolt antennas...  I recently got an Ashtech Z12 geodetcic grade GPS receiver and antenna.  I now know where my a$$ is within a couple of centimeters.  I have spent the last couple of days asking a Thunderbolt where it is using several different antennas (and the Self Survey command).  Should have the numbers crunched in a day or two...  so far it looks like antenna issues may be fairly irrelevant.