[time-nuts] EZGPIB & delay triggers

Bill Janssen billj at ieee.org
Mon Jul 13 15:33:33 UTC 2009

Ulrich Bangert wrote:
> Bill,
>
> there are two "sleep" commands:
>
> 1) Procedure EZGPIB_TimeSleep(HowLong:Double)
>
> 2) Procedure EZGPIB_TimeWaitForMultipleOf(Seconds:LongWord)
>
> where Howlong is in seconds and starts immediately after call. The second
> one is for you if you want to keep something synchronized to the computer's
> clock. EZGPIB_TimeWaitForMultipleOf(10) will sleep up to second 10, 20, 30,
> 50, 0 whatever is the closest. EZGPIB_TimeWaitForMultipleOf(60) will wait up
> to the start of the next minute.
>

>> I am trying to use EZGPIB with a HP 5370A and I want to trigger a
>> reading on a 10 to 30 second interval.
>> I want the use EZGPIB to do long term comparisons of various
>> oscillators, I am not interested (at this time)
>> on jitter less than tau < 1 seconds or so
>>

> I fear, that THIS not only a matter of sleeping! Please explain your
> experiment more in detail. Are you doing frequency or phase measurements?
>
> 73s de Ulrich, DF6JB

I am using the 5370 for time interval measurements to compare zero
crossings from the two oscillators.
I want to see what the stability is over twenty four hours. I have two
GPSDO's and a rubidium and three
"good" quartz oscillators. I suspect that the Z3801 is drifting due to
temperature changes

I want to sample the phase difference at a known rate so that I can plot
the differences with out getting
a data file thats too big..