[time-nuts] Accurate Thunderbolt position

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Jul 13 22:34:58 UTC 2009

> The only way that I can think up that might work is to
> calculate the high accuracy position,  put the unit into
> 3D fix mode,  wait until it randomly comes up with a
> fix that is very close to the desired value (which may
> never happen),  then put the unit into position hold
> mode...  craptastic...

An equally creative solution -- just move the antenna a
few feet in whatever direction you need equal the value
of the single precision number ;-) I can see your deck
now - with an old CNC XYZ head and a GPS antenna...

/tvb