[time-nuts] Need sevice manual or schematics for Fluke 103A

Dave M masondg44 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 16 02:39:02 UTC 2009

Thanks for that, Phil.   I have located a listing for a Fluke 203A manual,
but don't know yet if it's for the Fluke/Montronics Frequency Comparator or
something else from Fluke before they acquired Montronics.  Waiting for a
reply from the vendor.  If it's the right manual, I'll buy it rather than
bothering with scanning/copying.
I have not isolated the trouble.. without so much as a block diagram of the
innards, it's a bit difficult to get much figured out without making it a
summer-long project.  The trouble is that the front panel phase meter and
the phase output jump around quite a bit, even when feeding the same source
into both inputs.  It's like it can't figure out which frequencies to mix
for the comparison.

In a different vein, I also have a Fluke/Montronics model 203A Distribution
Amp.that I'd like to get into.  It's set up for 100KHz, 1MHz and 5MHz
channels; all non-isolated.  I'd like to see the schematics for the preamps
and output amps so that perhaps I could modify the 100KHz or 5MHz channel to
be a 10MHz channel, and provide isolation as well.   Can anyone help with
the schematics for the 203A DA?

Thanks again, Phil; I'll be in touch if the manual turns out to be the wrong
one.

Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net