[time-nuts] US ebay sellers who won't ship outside the US

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 03:56:54 UTC 2009

Having personally worked on the government side of these export regulations,
I can assure you they were developed with good intentions.  The problem is
that Uncle Sam doesn't realize that vintage 1980s technology of the USA is
not much of a threat to national security when placed in the hands of the
folks in the UK (and most of the rest of the world).   I find it amusing
that I cannot export precision timing equipment to China, but have no
problem buying the exact same regulated equipment from a vendor in China
through eBay.  I also find it to be pretty sad, but that's a whole other
topic!

-Bob