[time-nuts] OT - Feynman lecture series on Physics hosted by Microsoft

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 22:31:11 UTC 2009

xde-l2g3 at myamail.com writes:

I  think  there's no choice but to install Silverlight. I  don't  want
it on my main machine since MS is such a huge target for  malware, so
I'll put  it  on a clone in VBox or VMware  later  when  I  have some
time.

----------------
After recombining the files with a small utility called "HJSplit" I found
the resulting avi file to open and play both sound and video in Windows
Media  Player 10, although there is, as you say, quite a long blank run in at
the  beginning.

However, I have noticed that the avi file format does seem to be
continually evolving, in that I've quite often been informed that media player
couldn't open a recently downloaded avi file unless I installed yet another  new
or revised codec.
To find it playing the audio but not the video under such circumstances was
 not unusual.
I seem to recall this happened even more frequently when I was using  Media
Player 9 so perhaps this might be at least part of the cause of your
problems.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR