[time-nuts] EFRATOM MFTD-AC4 FREQUENCY REFERENCE DISTRIBUTIONAMP - update

phil fortime at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 23 08:29:03 UTC 2009

Demain,
I too bought a couple of that same model but it will be about a week before
I have receive them.

Did you see that data sheet that Bruce linked to?
http://www.freewebs.com/beststuff2u/MFS-207.pdf
>From what I understood of the distribution modules (MBF), each module had 4
different outputs, each module a .1, 1, 5, 10 MHz.
Most of the standards that same seller had appeared to be 5 MHz out so I
expected a 5 meg input. That same data sheet states under MBF options that
most of the modules are 5/10 MHz input but two were dedicated 5 or 10 meg
only. Perhaps we got the 5 meg only ! From what you are saying, each port on
the MBF module is outputting the same thing, strictly distribution. That's
fine, perhaps they meant the MFT would pass .1 to 10 meg. If that's the case
we should still be able to modify the input module. My application is the
same as yours, not a "time-nut" application!

I though it worth the gamble for the cheap price.
Phil