[time-nuts] Tbolt packaging - suggestions ?

Mike Naruta AA8K aa8k at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 03:20:58 UTC 2009

I don't know if my Thunderbolt installation is
good, but here is my experiment.

The Tbolt is bolted to a 6 mm thick copper plate
10 cm wide and 56 cm long, weighing 3 kg.  It's
a piece of buss-bar that I bought from the local
scrap metal dealer.  Silver-plated too.

The equipment is in my basement, where the ambient
temperature varies only about 5 deg C over the year.
The copper plate is fastened to the side of an
overhead wooden floor joist, out of the airflow.

The Tbolt is powered from the house battery, two
six volt golf cart batteries in series with a
20 AH rate of 215.

A TAPR HPSDR LPU (Linear Power Unit) provides the
+12, +5, and -12 volts for the Tbolt.

Mike - AA8K