[time-nuts] A couple of Tbolt questions

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Jul 24 17:47:16 UTC 2009

Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de writes:

Hi Nigel  and the team,

I did it and removed the OCXO from a second Thunderbolt -
my comments:

don't believe!
inform yourself, observe, measure  and learn.

Compare yourself the new pictures with the previous and  judge yourself,
be careful, we ought to measure it!
should we look to  the back of more of them?
(I am curious to to see other  reports...)

Attention:
Be very careful! When trying to remove the  oscillator the hardware can
be easily and unrecoverable damaged, the  operator must be experienced and
know the right technique!

Hi Arnold

You have more courage than I do, I've got no plans to go anywhere  near my
Thunderbolts with a soldering iron:-)

Unfortunately I can't help with the phase noise measurements either right
now but it does seem like an area worthy of further investigation.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR