[time-nuts] What's the cleanest way to produce 1 and 5 MHz from 10 MHz?

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Tue Jul 28 00:32:07 UTC 2009

A friend of mine has a GPS receiver with a Stanford PRS 10 rubidium as
a frequency standard he uses for his test equipment - mainly signal
generators, spectrum analysers etc. Most kit takes a 10 MHz sine wave.

Some of his kit needs 1 MHz and other bits 5 MHz. What is the cleanest
way to derive these frequencies from 10 MHz. I would suspect a number
like 10, which is not a power of 2, would present more of a problem.

I don't know what kit he has that needs 1 or 5 MHz,so I don't know how
fussy it is.

Dave