[time-nuts] Posting style Was: looking for gooddescription/generalized model for time adjustments

Mike Naruta AA8K aa8k at comcast.net
Thu Jul 30 00:54:43 UTC 2009

Mike S wrote:
> At 07:55 PM 7/29/2009, WB6BNQ wrote...
>
>> What, exactly, is the problem with top posting ?
>
> Nothing, if you read books starting with the last chapter, working forward.
>
> Top posters are a result of the lame default of many MUAs, including MS
> Outlook, which place the insertion point for a reply at the top. Other
> than the illogical flow, most top-posters are lazy (they just hit reply

Be sure to inform your physician that he files your
medical chart incorrectly with the most recent
information on top.    :)

> and start typing), and leave the entire quoted content in place, in most
> cases (I'd bet), not even realizing the full content of their email
> below their reply. Five levels of replies are not needed for context,

I think that in-line posting is the most inconvenient.
After a few message exchanges, I give up trying to
find my way through the mess.

> especially on an email reflector, where all messages go to all
> participants.
>
> By bottom posting (or better yet, inline), one is forced to go through

I sincerely hope that we're not in for a massive
discussion of bottom-posting versus top-posting.