[time-nuts] Posting style Was: looking for gooddescription/generalized model for time adjustments

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu Jul 30 01:43:44 UTC 2009

Golly,

Top posting has been used since the very first email programs
were written... I was there.

Back in the day, people were using 110 and 300 baud connections,
and it was a real pain to have to download several pages of quoted
message only to see "me to" at the bottom.

Initially, this argument seemed to be a US vs Europe thing, and then
when the first non academic and government users got added to the
internet, the battle lines were drawn big time.

You don't expect the foot notes of a book to come before the text,
do you?

-Chuck Harris