[time-nuts] Posting style Was: looking for gooddescription/generalized model for time adjustments

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Thu Jul 30 02:25:04 UTC 2009

At 09:43 PM 7/29/2009, Chuck Harris wrote...
>Top posting has been used since the very first email programs
>were written... I was there.

Really? You used READMAIL/SNDMSG, and exchanged emails with Ray
Tomlinson?

Bottom posting has been the preferred method from day 1 for USENET,
which is the medium most comparable to an email reflector.

It's interesting, though, that most top-posting MUAs insist on putting
a new .sig all the way at the bottom. What's the logic behind that?

>it was a real pain to have to download several pages of quoted
>message only to see "me to" at the bottom.

People who don't trim are even worse than top-posters.