[time-nuts] Distribution Amp project

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 06:52:44 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,
What Ethernet transformers are you looking for, UTP or Coax? I'd guess coax for the distribution amp. These are best scavenged from old Thin Ethernet cards. Look for cards with a BNC connector. Best place is either a electronics surplus place, computer repair shop or shop that sells used computers. Just ask for old network cards. Computer/radio flea markets are another possible source. Thin Ethernet cards also have an isolated DC-DC converter on them (either module or discrete components) with 9V out for 5 or 12V in. Lots of uses, RS232 or op-amp supplies, isolating digital panel meters in PSUs, boosting 12V supplies prior to a constant current regulator to charge 12V batteries from 12V supplies.

Robert G8RPI.