[time-nuts] Multiple Voltage monitoring

Yuri Ostry yuri at ostry.ru
Fri Jul 31 10:13:05 UTC 2009

Hello,

Friday, July 31, 2009, 8:00:51, Matt Ettus wrote:

M> Does anyone have a good solution for monitoring 4-8 different voltages
M> at the same time?  I only need a sample rate around 1-2 Hz, but would
M> need GPIB, serial, or ethernet support with protocol documentation.

M> Any help identifying a solution other than 8 voltmeters would be much
M> appreciated.

There was already some suggestions about using microcontroller to
build your own device, it looks reasonable for me but will take some
time and effort.

There is another possible solution (not well known here, and not so
cheap, but may be useful if you need halvanic isolation and
calibration handled by device). Look at Beckhoff K-Bus I/O devices or
their Wago series 750 clones. You can build remote ADC with
ethernet connection combining BK9000 bus coupler, some analog 0-10V
input modules (there is choice of different resolutions, like KL3102
2-channel 16 bit modules, or KL3468 8-channel (single-ended) 0-10V 12-bit
analog input modules). You will need one KL9010 bus end terminal.

--
Best regards,
 Yuri                          mailto:yuri at ostry.ru